Thursday, July 4, 2013

Oh Canada, EH!

After the parade during the day (and a quick respite of AC and a nap) we headed to the Oh Canada, EH! dinner show. Sadly, I didn't take any pictures of the show because it was dark and I didn't want to distract anyone with the flash. We sat at a table with 6 other people and ate family style. They served split pea soup with rolls, walnut salad, haddock, roast beef, chicken, potatoes, vegetables and maple chocolate cake throughout the show.

Because it was Canada Day (EH!) they started the show with singing their national anthem. There were six actors (3 guys, 3 gals) and the show was centered around the premise of Trivial Pursuit which was invented by Canadians and with each category came song and trivia about Canada. The actors involved us (the audience) but unfortunately, Scott was never approached to be in the spotlight (probably because Jennifer and Wendy weren't part of the show). I, however, had time in the spotlight, more than I felt comfortable with but had a great time! There are a lot of songs that were Canadian or sung by people from Canada that I had no idea of. Of course, I can't remember any of them right now but maybe I can research those and get back to you!

As we were heading to bed around 10:30pm, the Canada Day fireworks began in Millenium Park right beside the campground. They were great fireworks seen from our trailer window. I don't know if any music accompanied them and the show seemed to be short. But I loved watching them!

No comments:

Post a Comment